A replica set in MongoDB is a group of
that maintain the same data set. Replica sets provide redundancy and
high availability, and are the basis for all production deployments.
This section introduces replication in MongoDB as well as the
components and architecture of replica sets. The section also provides
tutorials for common tasks related to replica sets.
- Replication Introduction
- An introduction to replica sets, their behavior, operation, and use.
- Replication Concepts
The core documentation of replica set operations, configurations, architectures and behaviors.
- Replica Set Members
- Introduces the components of replica sets.
- Replica Set Deployment Architectures
- Introduces architectural considerations related to replica sets deployment planning.
- Replica Set High Availability
- Presents the details of the automatic failover and recovery process with replica sets.
- Replica Set Read and Write Semantics
- Presents the semantics for targeting read and write operations to the replica set, with an awareness of location and set configuration.
- Replica Set Tutorials
- Tutorials for common tasks related to the use and maintenance of replica sets.
- Replication Reference
- Reference for functions and operations related to replica sets.