Indexes provide high performance read operations for frequently used queries.
This section introduces indexes in MongoDB, describes the types and configuration options for indexes, and describes special types of indexing MongoDB supports. The section also provides tutorials detailing procedures and operational concerns, and providing information on how applications may use indexes.
You can download this section in PDF form as Indexes and MongoDB.
- Index Introduction
- An introduction to indexes in MongoDB.
- Index Concepts
The core documentation of indexes in MongoDB, including geospatial and text indexes.
- Index Types
- MongoDB provides different types of indexes for different purposes and different types of content.
- Index Properties
- The properties you can specify when building indexes.
- Index Creation
- The options available when creating indexes.
- Index Intersection
- The use of index intersection to fulfill a query.
- Indexing Tutorials
- Examples of operations involving indexes, including index creation and querying indexes.
- Indexing Reference
- Reference material for indexes in MongoDB.