Optimization Strategies for MongoDB¶
There are many factors that can affect database performance and responsiveness including index use, query structure, data models and application design, as well as operational factors such as architecture and system configuration.
This section describes techniques for optimizing application performance with MongoDB.
- Analyzing MongoDB Performance
- Discusses some of the factors that can influence MongoDB’s performance.
- Evaluate Performance of Current Operations
- MongoDB provides introspection tools that describe the query execution process, to allow users to test queries and build more efficient queries.
- Optimize Query Performance
- Introduces the use of projections to reduce the amount of data MongoDB sends to clients.
- Design Notes
- A collection of notes related to the architecture, design, and administration of MongoDB-based applications.