- Administration >
- Administration Concepts
The core administration documents address strategies and practices used in the operation of MongoDB systems and deployments.
- Operational Strategies
Higher level documentation of key concepts for the operation and maintenance of MongoDB deployments.
- MongoDB Backup Methods
- Describes approaches and considerations for backing up a MongoDB database.
- Monitoring for MongoDB
- An overview of monitoring tools, diagnostic strategies, and approaches to monitoring replica sets and sharded clusters.
- Run-time Database Configuration
- Outlines common MongoDB configurations and examples of best-practice configurations for common use cases.
Continue reading from Operational Strategies for additional documentation.
- Data Management
Core documentation that addresses issues in data management, organization, maintenance, and lifecycle management.
- Data Center Awareness
- Presents the MongoDB features that allow application developers and database administrators to configure their deployments to be more data center aware or allow operational and location-based separation.
- Expire Data from Collections by Setting TTL
- TTL collections make it possible to automatically remove data from a collection based on the value of a timestamp and are useful for managing data like machine generated event data that are only useful for a limited period of time.
- Optimization Strategies for MongoDB
Techniques for optimizing application performance with MongoDB.
Continue reading from Optimization Strategies for MongoDB for additional documentation.