Consider the following behavior when running the
- You cannot run the command on the Primary.
- You must run the command against the
- When enabled
replSetMaintenance: true, the member enters the
RECOVERINGstate. While the secondary is
- The member is not accessible for read operations.
- The member continues to sync its oplog from the Primary.
- On secondaries, the command forces the secondary to
RECOVERINGstate. Read operations issued to an instance in the
RECOVERINGstate will fail. This prevents clients from reading during the operation. When the operation completes, the secondary returns to
- See Replica Set Member States for more information about replica set member states.
See Perform Maintenance on Replica Set Members for an example replica set maintenance procedure to maximize availability during maintenance operations.