Find and View a User¶
Find a User¶
To find a specific user, click App Users in the left navigation menu. The Users page displays with the Users tab as the default view. You will see a list of users associated with your Realm app, like this:
As the number of users increases, you may find it convenient to filter the view to a subset of users. To do this, use the filter bar to limit the types of users. You can filter by:
- Provider type -- Anonymous, Email/Password, Google, Facebook, API Keys, or Custom Authentication
- Status -- Enabled or Disabled
Also, the filter bar contains a search box, enabling you to find a specific user by their ID.
View a User's Devices¶
When a user connects to your application, MongoDB Realm logs information similar to the following:
Logged information includes:
- The device platform, which will be either an http client ("chrome", "firefox", "phantomjs", etc.) or a mobile OS ("ios", "android", etc.)
- The platform version.
- Your app version on the device.
- A unique device ID.
To view this information, from the list of users, expand any user and then expand Devices.
View a User's Provider Data¶
Whenever a user connects to your application and authenticates using one of the authentication providers you have enabled, MongoDB Realm logs the provider data.
You can view this collection of Provider Data from within the list of users by doing the following:
- Find a user in the list of users.
- Expand the user, and then expand the Provider Data.
View a User's Activity Log¶
MongoDB Realm logs every request made by each of your Realm app
users, including executed function calls. Also, if a function writes to
the log using
these entries will be included within the function’s log output.
To view a user's request logs, follow these steps:
- Select App Users from the left navigation menu.
- Under the Users tab, find a user in the list and click on the ellipsis (
- Click View activity. This will redirect you to a log of requests made by that specific user. You can expand an entry to view details for that request.
- You can search for users in the
Userspage of the Realm UI.
- MongoDB Realm logs information such as user’s connected devices, provider data, and activity log