Enforce a Schema¶
On this page
- Navigate to the Collection Schema Screen
- Generate a Schema
- Add Field-Level Schema Definitions
- Add Change Validation Expressions
- Save the Schema
- Validate Documents Against the Schema
- Log In to MongoDB Cloud
- Pull the Latest Version of Your App
- Define the Schema
- Define Change Validation
- Deploy the Updated Schema
You can control the shape and contents of documents in a collection by defining a schema. Schemas let you require specific fields, control the type of a field's value, and validate changes before committing write operations.
This guide shows you how to define, configure, and deploy a schema for a linked MongoDB Atlas collection.
Data Lake data sources do not support schema validation or data access rules. You can only access a Data Lake data source in a system function.