mongocli atlas maintenanceWindow update¶
maintenanceWindow update command updates the configuration of
one Atlas maintenance window
for the specified project. You can also update the configuration of a
maintenance window through the Atlas UI or API.
- Urgent Maintenance Activities
- Urgent maintenance activities such as security patches cannot wait for your chosen window. Atlas will start those maintenance activities when needed.
- Ongoing Maintenance Operations
- Once maintenance is scheduled for your cluster, you cannot change your maintenance window until the current maintenance efforts have completed.
- Maintenance Requires Replica Set Elections
- Atlas performs maintenance the same way as the maintenance procedure described in the MongoDB Manual. This procedure requires at least one replica set election during the maintenance window per replica set.
- Maintenance Starts As Close to the Hour As Possible
- Maintenance always begins as close to the scheduled hour as possible, but in-progress cluster updates or unexpected system issues could delay the start time.
mongocli atlas maintenanceWindow update --dayOfWeek <numerical-day-of-week> --hourOfDay <numerical-hour-of-day> [ --profile|-P <profile-name> ] [ --projectId <project-ID> ]
Day of the week that you want the maintenance window to start, as a 1-based integer.
Hour of the day that you want the maintenance window to start. This parameter uses the 24-hour clock, where midnight is
Maintenance window updated.
The following example uses the
mongocli atlas maintenanceWindow
update command to update the maintenance window configured for the
project specified in the default profile. It specifies that the
maintenance window should occur at midnight each Saturday.
mongocli atlas maintenanceWindow update --dayOfWeek 7 --hourOfDay 0