Get Started with MongoDB Atlas¶
MongoDB CLI provides a command-line interface for managing your MongoDB Atlas projects and clusters. This tutorial demonstrates how to:
- Create one cluster in your Atlas project
- Load sample data into your Atlas cluster
- Add your IP address to your project's IP access list
- Create a MongoDB user for your Atlas cluster
- Connect to your new cluster using
The reference pages for the commands mentioned in this tutorial are available in the Reference section.
Before you begin, you must complete the following:
Configure an Atlas Cluster¶
Use the mongocli atlas quickstart command to create an
cluster in Atlas.
You can run this command in two ways:
- Interactive mode - the command prompts you for the cluster settings and provides default values.
- Noninteractive mode - you run the command with the options.
Click the tab to see the command for your preferred mode.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a cluster to host your
data. You can connect to your cluster using the connection
mongo shell or your application or view your cluster by logging
in to the UI.