Get Started with MongoDB Atlas¶
MongoDB CLI provides a command-line interface for managing your MongoDB Atlas projects and clusters. This tutorial demonstrates how to:
- Create one cluster in your Atlas project
- Load sample data into your Atlas cluster
- Add your IP address to your project's IP access list
- Create a MongoDB user for your Atlas cluster
- Connect to your new cluster using the MongoDB Shell,
The reference pages for the commands mentioned in this tutorial are available in the Reference section.
Before you begin, you must complete the following:
Configure an Atlas Cluster¶
Use the mongocli atlas quickstart command to create an
cluster in Atlas.
You can run this command in two ways:
- Interactive mode - the command prompts you for the cluster settings and provides default values.
- Noninteractive mode - you run the command with the options.
Click the tab to see the command for your preferred mode.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a cluster to host your
data. You can connect to your cluster using the connection
mongosh or your application or view your cluster by logging
in to the UI.