- Release Notes >
- Release Notes for MongoDB 1.2.x
Release Notes for MongoDB 1.2.x¶
- More indexes per collection
- Faster index creation
- Configurable fsync time
- Several small features and fixes
DB Upgrade Required¶
There are some changes that will require doing an upgrade if your previous version is <= 1.0.x. If you’re already using a version >= 1.1.x then these changes aren’t required. There are 2 ways to do it:
- use a slave
- start a slave on a different port and data directory
- when its synced, shut down the master, and start the new slave on the regular port.
Ask in the forums or IRC for more help.
- There have been minor changes in replication. If you are upgrading a master/slave setup from <= 1.1.2 you have to update the slave first.
mongoimportjsonhas been removed and is replaced with mongoimport that can do json/csv/tsv