Data in MongoDB has a flexible schema. Collections do not enforce document structure by default. This flexibility gives you data-modeling choices to match your application and its performance requirements.
- Data Modeling Introduction
- An introduction to data modeling in MongoDB.
- Schema Validation
- MongoDB provides the capability for schema validation during updates and insertions.
- Data Modeling Concepts
- The core documentation detailing the decisions you must make when determining a data model, and discussing considerations that should be taken into account.
- Data Model Examples and Patterns
- Examples of possible data models that you can use to structure your MongoDB documents.
- Data Model Reference
- Reference material for data modeling for developers of MongoDB applications.