Getting Started with MongoDB (MongoDB Shell Edition)¶
Welcome to the Getting Started with MongoDB guide. This guide provides instructions to get you started using MongoDB. The guide covers the following topics:
- Introduction to MongoDB as well as instructions to Import Example Dataset;
- A brief overview of the MongoDB Shell (mongo);
- Basic Insert, Find, Update, Remove operations plus Aggregation;
- Instructions on creating Indexes to improve query performance.
The MongoDB Shell Edition of this guide also includes instructions for installing MongoDB.
This is the MongoDB Shell (mongo) edition of the guide. The Getting Started guide is available in the following editions:
For more information, see:
- The MongoDB Manual for a comprehensive documentation of MongoDB
- MongoDB University: Free, Online Courses for Developers and DBAs
- MongoDB Architecture Guide
- MongoDB Administration 101 Presentation
- Attend an upcoming MongoDB event or webinar
- For information on MongoDB licensing, see MongoDB Licensing.