- MongoDB Integration and Tools >
- MongoDB Connector for Hadoop
MongoDB Connector for Hadoop¶
The MongoDB Connector for Hadoop is a plugin for Hadoop that provides the ability to use MongoDB as an input source and/or an output destination.
This guide also includes the following documentation:
- Obtain the Hadoop connector. You may either download the JARs from the Maven Central Repository or build it yourself. The JARs are universal and will work with any version of Hadoop.
- Obtain a JAR for the MongoDB Java Driver.
- Move these JARs onto each node of the Hadoop cluster. You may provision each node so that the jars are somewhere on Hadoop’s CLASSPATH (e.g. $HADOOP_PREFIX/share/hadoop/common), or you can use the Hadoop DistributedCache to move the JARs onto pre-existing nodes.
For more complete install instructions, please see the installation instructions for your platform on the Hadoop Connector wiki.