Deploy a Data Lake¶
Estimated completion time: 15 minutes
This part of the tutorial will guide you through deploying an Atlas Data Lake.
To complete this part of the tutorial, you will need to:
Select the Data Lake option on the left-hand navigation.¶
Click the Configure a New Data Lake.¶
Review the Overview, then click the green Configure a New Data Lake button.¶
Enter the name for your Data Lake as you want it to appear in Atlas and click Next.¶
Create an IAM role for Atlas and assign the required policy.¶
Follow the steps in the Atlas user interface to create a role and policy, then assign it to Atlas.
Atlas displays the External ID and the Atlas AWS IAM user ARN for a Data Lake only once. You must save these values to a secure location to reconfigure your Data Lake. If you modify your custom AWS role ARN in the future, you must update the AWS trust policy associated with the role.
Validate your Data Lake configuration with the role ARN and bucket name.¶
Enter the role ARN and the bucket name then click Validate & Launch.
To obtain the role ARN from the AWS console:
- Log in to the AWS Console.
- Click the Services dropdown menu on the upper left-hand side of the console.
- Under Security, Identity, & Compliance, select IAM.
- Select Roles from the left-hand navigation.
- Click the name of your newly-created role from the table.
- Copy the value next to the Role ARN label.
Now that your Data Lake is deployed, proceed to Connect to Your Data Lake.