Charts provide visual representations of the data in your data source. A chart maps to a single data source, and can display correlations between several fields in the data. Charts reside inside dashboards. You must add a data source and create a dashboard before you can begin building charts.
For a complete list of available chart types and how to build specific charts, refer to the Chart Types page.
Create a Chart¶
Click the New Chart button at the top-right corner of the dashboard view.¶
Choose your chart type.¶
In the Chart Type dropdown, select the type for this chart.
Each chart type provides different visualization options for the fields in your data, reflected by various encoding channels. These channels dictate how your data is visualized and enable powerful aggregations for your data. For details on the different encoding channel types, refer to the Encoding Channels page.
Add fields to your chart.¶
Drag fields from the Fields section to the desired encoding channels below the Chart Type dropdown. The fields listed correspond to the fields in your data source. You can search for a specific field in your data source by using the Filter search bar at the top of the Fields section.
For details on how MongoDB Charts handles embedded objects and embedded arrays in fields, see the Embedded Objects and Arrays page.
Title your chart.¶
Give your chart a title by hovering over the Enter a title for your chart text clicking the Pencil Icon. Click the check mark to save your title.
Save your chart.¶
Once you are satisfied with your chart, click Save Changes. This saves your chart to your dashboard and redirects you to the dashboard view.
- Understand Encoding Channels
- Understand the building blocks of MongoDB Charts.
- Create a Multi-Series Chart
- Visualize multiple data series in a single chart.
- Visualize Embedded Objects and Arrays
- Use a wide variety of built-in methods for handling embedded objects and arrays.
- Reshape Your Data
- Reshape and pre-process your data for greater flexibility over available fields.
- Filter Chart Results
- Filter your chart based on criteria you choose.
- Bin, Sort, and Limit Your Data
- Bin, sort, and limit data in your chart.
- Customize Charts
- Customize aspects of your chart such as color, axis labels, and number formatting.
- View and Export Chart Data
- View and export the data backing your chart in either CSV or JSON format.
- Chart Building Reference
- Supplemental reference material for building charts.