Data Source Permissions¶
Data source permissions dictate which actions Charts users can perform on the data source. You can also set data source permissions to make a data source only visible to a subset of users.
The following table describes the data source permission levels:
Inherits all actions from
Inherits all permissions from
View Data Source Permissions¶
To view permissions for a specific data source, navigate to the Data Sources tab and hover over the data source's Access button. A tooltip describing the data source permissions will appear. The tooltip displays your permissions, the owner of the data source, and all other users who have access.
The following table lists the possible icons and their associated permissions:
You have the
You have the
Set Data Source Permissions¶
Specific User Access¶
To grant specific users permissions on your data source:
- Search for the desired user using the search bar directly above where the data source users are listed. You can search for users by their username or email address.
- Click the desired user to add them to the permissions list.
- Use the dropdown to the right of the user's name to assign the appropriate permission.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each user you wish to grant data source access.
To remove access for a user you have added, click the trash can icon to the right of the user's name.
Access for All Users¶
In addition, to allow access to the dashboard for all users on your MongoDB Charts deployment:
- Toggle the switch on the right-side of the Everyone user
Select the permission to apply to all MongoDB Charts users.Note
If permissions are assigned to both Everyone and a specific user, the user's specific permissions take precedence over the permissions set to Everyone.
For example, if Everyone has the
Authorrole and a specific user Alice has the
Readerpermission, Alice's effective permission is