MongoDB Charts provides various options to customize the format and display of your visualizations. You can use these options to display your data in the proper format, show data labels to relay precise measurements, and many other formatting techniques.
MongoDB Charts provides three types of customization options:
- General Customizaton Options
- General Customization Options modify high-level aspects of the chart such as its colors and data labels. These options affect the overall look and format of your data.
- Field-Level Options
- Field-Level Options modify how Charts renders data fields, such as specific formatting for numbers and dates. These options apply to individual data fields encoded into your chart, rather than the chart as a whole. The field-level customization options available depend on the data type and channel type of the field you are customizing.
- Value Axis Options
- Value Axis Options modify the chart's axes, such as their scale and their minimum and maximum values. These options only affect the chart's axes, and not how Charts formats data points in the visualization.
- Geospatial Customization Options
- Geospatial customization options modify options specific to geospatial charts, including viewport options, data marker size and opacity, and heatmap radius.
Your chart automatically updates as you modify customization options.