Release Notes for MongoDB Connector for BI¶
MongoDB Connector for BI 2.0¶
Released Nov 29, 2016
Improved Server-Side Execution¶
The MongoDB Connector for BI delivers significant performance and scalability improvements by moving as much execution as possible to the underlying MongoDB instance. Pushing execution down to the server reduces network latency and reduces bandwidth consumption.
This approach also reduces memory and CPU consumption in the MongoDB Connector for BI itself.
The user authentication process is now passed through the MongoDB Connector for BI to the underlying MongoDB instance. Users now authenticate as a user already created within MongoDB.
The MongoDB Connector for BI package is now trimmed down from four separate components to two:
- This tool connects to a MongoDB instance and generates a Document-Relational Definition Language (DRDL) file, which maps a given collection shape to relational schema.
Once installed and run as a daemon,
mongosqldresponds to SQL queries, requests for DB information, and schema from the requesting BI tool via the MySQL wire protocol.
MongoDB Connector for BI Version 2.0.0 is compatible with SQL-99 SELECT statements, and uses the MySQL wire protocol.
MongoDB Connector for BI 2.0.2¶
Released Jan 5, 2017
MongoDB Connector for BI 2.0.1¶
Released Dec 13, 2016
- Fixed precedence issue with the
- Fixed error looking up privilege information in databases with capital letters.
LIKEpattern matching in
- Improved formatting of aggregation pipeline in logs.
- Fixed bug in substring function when the combined length of the starting index and substring exceeds the length of the string.
MongoDB Connector for BI 1.0¶
Released Dec 8, 2015
MongoDB Connector for BI 1.0 is now available. It allows users to visualize their MongoDB Enterprise data using existing relational business intelligence tools.
MongoDB Connector for BI 1.1.3¶
Released Apr 4, 2016
- Improve join performance.
- Support packages for Debian and Ubuntu.
MongoDB Connector for BI 1.1.2¶
Released Feb 3, 2016
- Push down
ORDER BYclause as a
$sortstage in the aggregation pipeline.
MongoDB Connector for BI 1.1.1¶
Released Jan 27, 2016