Connect from MicroStrategy Desktop¶
New in version 2.2.
This tutorial is for version MicroStrategy Desktop version 10.11.
- Create a 64-bit system Data Source Name (DSN).
- Install the MongoDB ODBC driver for Windows.
- Make sure you have a running
mongosqldinstance. For instructions on starting and running
mongosqld, see Launch BI Connector.
Start the MicroStrategy Desktop application by double-clicking on the application icon.
Select New Dossier from the File menu to create a new dossier.¶
Add new data.¶
- Click the New Data button in the Datasets panel.
- Click the Databases icon in the Data Sources window.
Select Select Tables from the popup window and click Next.
Add a data source.¶
- Click the plus icon next to the Data Sources text in the upper left corner of the window.
- Select the DSN Data Sources radio button.
- Select your DSN from the DSN dropdown menu.
- Select MongoDB BI Connector from the Version dropdown menu.
mongosqldusername and password.Note
If you are running
mongosqldwithout authentication enabled, you still need to enter something in the username and password fields. Any string will do.
Give the data source a name.
- Click OK.
- Click on your newly created data source in the Data Sources panel. Your MongoDB databases should appear in the center panel.
- Select the database you'd like to work with. The database's collections should appear.
- Drag the collections you'd like to work with to the right side panel.
- Click the Finish button.
Select a Data Access mode.¶
Select a data access mode that is appropriate for your situation.